Sunday, October 19, 2008

therapy works

I started going to actual therapy a few weeks ago. My main goal is to address my anxiety issues. But I have found it interesting that I haven't felt the need to talk about my dad yet. I credit that to me having this blog and utilizing it over the past few months whenever I felt I was having a hard time dealing with it all. Or maybe it's just because I have so much crap going on on a regular basis that I have to deal with before I get down to business. But truly, I think that this blog, and the amount of time that has passed has helped me come to a place where I feel okay.

So far I've found it difficult to post any of the truly bad memories I've had about my dad. There may come a day where I feel it's important to me to actually put it all in writing. But for now I think it's been good to have this blog to help me remember the good things about him. I still think there's more unearthing to be done. It's all just been buried deep underneath the weight of the bad memories. All in due time I guess...

2 comments:

TxTricia said...

Hi Tricia - just dropped by to see how you were doing. You must be busy busy since you haven't written here in a while! Hope that means that you are doing great and enjoying all the preparations for the holidays!
Merry Christmas to you!
A Tricia in Texas

Tricia said...

Hi Tricia!
So thoughtful of you to check in. I'll post an update within the next couple of days :)
Thanks again! And a Merry Christmas to you and yours!!